Sunday, April 6, 2014

Recipe Challenge by Stephanie Bryan

Hi!  My poor neglected blog is finally getting some love today.  This morning I saw on Instagram that Stephanie Bryan posted a challenge.  I like challenges so I thought I'd play along!

Stephanie Bryan Recipe Challenge

I discovered Stephanie Bryan when she became a Garden Girl this year for Two Peas in a Bucket.  I like her style!  Very light and airy, very pretty.  So I was excited to see she had posted a recipe challenge, which are always fun.  Per the recipe: use two photos (found some of my son taken by my in-laws), one wood veneer (I used a Studio Calico heart), one flair (another Studio Calico, the new smaller size), book paper (mine is actually Jenni Bowlin patterend paper that looks like book paper), two alphas (used some Thickers and some brand my husband bought for some abandoned project that I then inherited), and five patterned papers.  I really wanted to use up some old scraps (I have decided I need to purge old scraps much more often), and went with a tan/red/black color scheme.

Here is my layout!


Those scraps of patterned paper are mostly Cosmo Cricket and We R Memory Keepers (a really old Halloween line believe it or not!).  I'm so glad I used up some scraps, that's always a satisfying feeling.  And I enjoyed following the recipe challenge, those are always fun.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment