Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Place I Love Layout - Cannon Beach

Hi!  Believe it or not my blog is getting some love again, so soon after my last post!  I need to keep this up!  Anyway...I saw on Shimelle Laine's blog earlier this week that she is going to have weekly challenges while she is on maternity leave.  And I LOVE scrappy challenges!  So I basically thought I had two choices, because I LOVE two places the most:  Cannon Beach and Disneyland!  I went with Cannon Beach, Oregon.  I already created a mini album long ago about my son's first trip to the beach, but I decided I wanted to make a regular 12x12 page using some of those same photos.

If you want to see the original challenge blog post:

Shimelle Laine's blog post

I actually took a quick pic of my supplies before I got started.  I don't know why, I just did.


Some of these items I had just received from Two Peas in a Bucket.  Actually, most of these supplies I just got in the past week or two!  Dear Lizzy, Studio Calico, October Afternoon (I ended up not using any OA products), some Two Peas Exclusives (I LOVE LOVE LOVE their flat-backed flair, super love them!).  You know, fun stuff like that!

And here is my completed layout!


I have to say, I really like this layout.  I like the wood veneer cloud (Two Peas), the round white and gray letter Thickers (Dear Lizzy), the cork hearts (Studio Calico).  I am not too thrilled though with the cork printed Thickers (the Cannon in the title).  They are not very sticky at all.  I hand stitched them down with some brown floss.  I also added some hand stitching up by the cloud (leading down to the cork hearts).  I added some Teresa Collins enamel dots (not show in the my supply picture), and some papers from Dear Lizzy and Amy Tangerine (6x6 pads, also not shown in my supply picture).

And now I really want to go to the beach!

Have a great day!  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment